Sunday, May 9, 2010

Moroso creativity




Courageous Moroso during the design week in Milan accepted the challenge of transforming the gorgeous Moroso showroom in an installation which was part art and part design, using vintage pieces of the past production.

I Saloni 2010 292



I Saloni 2010 282
The walls patterns were found in an old book on cactus, transformed to signify the degradation of our planet. The space looked like a desert with night shadows and silhouettes of pieces of furniture. The result was surreal and beautiful.
To see more images and read more about Moroso’s exhibitions see here
Upstairs the usual display of iconoclastic or simply inventive and innovative pieces of furniture, like the iconic sofa Victoria and Albert, below, designed by Ron Arad.

I Saloni 2010 283



I Saloni 2010 286




I Saloni 2010 287

A detail of the armrest, soft leather embroidered.

I Saloni 2010 288



Bohemian designed by Urquiola, a tribute to the past with an eye to the present.

I Saloni 2010 285




I Saloni 2010 289




I Saloni 2010 284


The following are a few pictures taken instead at the Fiera in the amazing Moroso stand.

I Saloni 2010 056





I Saloni 2010 057




I Saloni 2010 058



M’Afrique

I Saloni 2010 059




Sushi

I Saloni 2010 060

Patrizia Moroso is a courageous lady, I can also proudly say that she lives and works in the same region where I was born, Friuli Venezia Giulia, in the North East of Italy.
She is always researching new ideas and bringing a smile to our homes.

Photography by Albarosa Simonetti (only top picture from Moroso’s website)


2 comments:

qerat said...

Truly amazing pictures.
Love this company and their creativity. They have always set trends.

Francine Gardner said...

HOW Fantastic! I so wished I could have gone to Milan this year. Thank you for bringing Moroso to us...just love their pieces

 
Clicky Web Analytics