Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Jasmine and Philippe Starck!



Can you guess whose house is this? was the question posed in my previous post, with that beautiful fridge open to reveal a hat and different treats. Let’s enter the Parisian home of multitalented Philippe Starck and wife Jasmine and discover more visual treats.
When he does not redesign the rest of the world he travels…they own 11 homes around the world, including one in Venice. I leave it to you to comment on these beautiful images full of surprises.


10_13_09_StarkWeb22663

10_13_09_StarkWeb22653


10_13_09_StarkWeb22626 


10_13_09_StarkWeb22628 


10_13_09_StarkWeb22632 


10_13_09_StarkWeb22614 


10_13_09_StarkWeb22623 


10_13_09_StarkWeb22672


10_13_09_StarkWeb22666 


10_13_09_StarkWeb22633 

From an article on The National Post: “People often ask what inspires me. The answer is nothing. Nothing inspires me directly. I live outside of everything. That means I have no direct information. My inspiration comes from the existence of my life. (…) You also need to live outside mainstream thinking. If you go out every night for dinner or to a cocktail party, where you speak with everybody, you cannot create because you end up just repeating what people tell you. You get very comfortable and very unoriginal. The only way to create, the recipe for creativity, is to be alone. In front of a blank sheet of paper or your computer in the middle of nowhere. It’s the best way to find only your ideas, your intuition”.

Leave a comment on the image that most attracted you, we are curious to know your reactions…as for me…I love brick walls accompanied by flowing curtains and Venetian mirrors but I also love books, free standing tubs, Baccarat vases, old English roses and L’Air du Temps by Nina Ricci reminds me of my youth...
It was not an easy question but Fingers glued together gave the right answer. Congratulations, well done. If you want to see the other comments go to Can you guess whose house is this?

Source

©2012 Brillante Interiors writes about new trends, timeless decor, iconic pieces, design ideas, or at times just musing about "a certain Italian way of doing things".


Brillante Interiors now offers also online consultations so please send an email and we can start the process. It will be an investment in happiness at home, a well designed house is always a good part of a great life and a beautiful room will make you happy every time you walk in!

7 comments:

Jewel yet to find said...

I love an unpredictable colorful juxtaposition, Venician chandeliers, a sense of humor, clown spirit and originality of Philippe Starck and his wife.
The quote form The National Post is right to the point.
Thank you very much.

mary said...

I love the free-standing tub photo. I truly appreciate the multi-talented Philippe and his wife. That said, 11 houses in these tumultuous times is a bit off-putting.
Thanks for both of these great post. Mary

Georgina said...

Philippe Stark is my favorite designer ! Thanks Albarosa

Ordinette said...

so funny, vital and original couple! Their dwellings reflect his personality and creativity!
grazie albarosa!!!!
laura

Ordinette said...

so funny, vital and original couple! their apartment reflect their creative personality!!!!
grazie albarosa!

Ordinette said...

so funny, vital and original couple and their home reflects their personality!!!!
grazie albarosa
laura from Rome

Haus and Home said...

These are fun images! I wish I had 11 homes around the world :)

 
Clicky Web Analytics